Lavender Festival Weekend
Lavender weekend is upon us once again, you can feel the energy in the air with all the farms and people getting ready to offer all things lavender to all the lavender lovers visiting this beautiful setting. After all, we are the Lavender Capital of North America! Sequim’s is celebrating it’s 20th year hosting a great party weekend on the peninsula. You can check out all the activities including some great evening concerts on the city’s website.
We invite you to join us this fun-filled weekend to do as much or as little as you like. Learn how we process our lavender, including oil distillation and de-budding, make lavender crafts with Patti, listen to Sequim Bee Farm teach you how you can help our honey bees. Have a tile made of your pet with Jeff from Charitable Arts, all proceeds benefit Central Valley Animal Hospital which will be on hand to explain how their organizations helps animals. Get your picture taken with the popular llamas, dance a little to the music of two great local bands. Get some painting tips from the Plein Air Washington Artists, be amazed by Ray Hammer’s fun and eclectic garden scultptures, enjoy a relaxing massage by Danya Davis or just grab a chair, a beverage of your choice, delicious BBQ and just sit and smell the lavender!
Bell Creek Bar and Grill – serving BBQ Pulled Pork and Brisket sandwiches with Lavender BBQ sauce, BBQ Pork Ribs, Lavender honey Chicken Wings, BBQ Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Lavender Lemon Cheesecake/Scones
Beer and Wine Garden
Lavender Ice Cream and Iced Teas, sodas, water
Friday and Saturday 11-2
Three Too Many, local band playing modern classics and current hits
Friday and Saturday 2:30-5:30
Bread and Gravy, local power trio play a variety of blues, bluegrass, Americana, classic rock
Bread and Gravy
Daily, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• U-pick your own sweet bouquet of lavender
• Learn to make your own lavender wands and lavender baskets with Patti
• Live llamas for petting and pictures
• Weaving on table loom, spinning with Bay Llama
• Kids (and adults) Face Painting
• Learn about how we harvest, dry, de-bud and distill lavender.
• Chair Massage with Danya Davis
. Sequim Bee Farm presentation on Friday at 1pm
• Ray Hammer – garden art made from reclaimed and recycled materials
• Steel Coyote – copper sculptures for the home and garden
• Bill’s Custom Scroll Saw – local wood creations and puzzles
• Plein Air Washington Artists – lavender field paintings
• Chimacum Jewelry – semi-precious stone jewelry
• She-Ra Creations– handcut lapidary, raku and bead woven jewelry
• Charitable Arts – handmade tiles, hand painted fused glass
• ILA’S Foods – handmade jams
See you July 15-17! Wear purple and get a special treat!