Summertime, and the livin’ is easy
Fish are jumpin’ and the cotton is high
- Ella Fitzgerald, “Summertime”
In our case the “lavender is high” and early! Anyway, we are gearing up for the 19th year of celebrating lavender in Sequim. Lost Mountain Lavender will host a festival all it’s own this year with free admission and lots of fun.
This year we have 3 non-profit groups, Dogs for the Deaf, New Leash on Life and Central Valley Animal Rescue joining us. Learn about the great things they do to help animals and humans and how you can help too.
Bell Creek Bar and Grill will be serving up yummy BBQ ribs, brisket, pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and potato salad along with soft drinks and beer and wine. Try their lavender BBQ sauce for a treat.
Entertainment this year will be by Puf N Stuf, a fun local band of musical characters guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Acoustic improvisational is what their Facebook page says, check them out. They play Friday – Sunday 11:00-2:00.
Musical Duo Bread & Gravy consists of local husband and wife Stephanie (vocals, guitar, banjo ukulele, and harmonica )and Jess Doenges, (piano and other antics) playing blues, bluegrass, classic rock, americana, contemporary & standards. Come sit under the cherry trees and enjoy!
Returning to his home town of Sequim, Kai James Fuller draws his inspiration from his experiences growing up in small-town rural America. The Tin Shed Band’s sound is heavily influenced by outlaw country artists Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, and Merle Haggard as well as southern rock acts ranging from Credence Clearwater Revival to the Allman Brothers. Kai’s lyrics cover topics that today’s working man can relate to while keeping the tone upbeat and fun.
Daily, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• U-pick your own sweet bouquet of lavender
• Learn to make your own lavender wands and lavender baskets
• Live llamas for petting and pictures
• Weaving on table loom, spinning with Bay Llama
• Pottery throwing demonstration with Lost Mountain Pottery
• Kids (and adults) Face Painting
• Learn about how we harvest, dry, de-bud and distill lavender.
• Ever thought of owning a lavender farm? Jace Real Estate will be on hand to answer questions about what is involved.
Learn about honey bee health and welfare from our guardian beekeepers, Sequim Bee Farm
• Lost Mountain Pottery – lavender themed handmade pottery
• Steel Coyote – copper sculptures for the home and garden
• Metal Wood & Fire – fused glass and metal jewelry
• My Wooly Mammoth – handmade paper flower bouquets, crowns, wands
• Chimacum Jewelry – semi-precious stone jewelry
• She-Ra Creations– handcut lapidary, raku and bead woven jewelry
• Charitable Arts – handmade tiles, hand painted fused glass
• ILA’S Foods – handmade jams
So come relax with us July 17 – 19th...
Grab a chair in the orchard, enjoy some great food and music and the scent of lavender in the air, summer is made of days like these.